Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Lollapalooza Week - Local Natives

For the next 5 days, I'll post a video or song from a band I refuse to miss at this year's Lollapalooza. I wish I could say that I am thrilled with the lineup, but it's ok, I guess. If you've been reading my posts, you might be able to predict the next 5 days, so I'll try to give you a demo or acoustic version for your trouble.

Local Natives is a really good band out of California, that isn't afraid to represent the West coast. They have been compared to Vampire Weekend, due to their Afro-Pop and World beats. But, I enjoy them because of their harmonies and subtle textures. Where most bands from the East coast tend to be more aggressive, Local Natives allow the song to expand and never seem in a hurry. Pick up 2010's Gorilla Manor and check them out Saturday at 5:30 on the Sony stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment