Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lollapalooza Week - The Black Keys

One of the best things about this blog, is the fact that I have complete freedom over the content I put up. I'm sure you can see that my musical taste varies quite a bit. In some cases I have a pop sensibility (John Mayer & U2), but I can also drop a remix that you wouldn't hear anywhere else but a dark, dark club (Bloody Beetroots & Felix Cartal). Today I give you something from the Eclipse Soundtrack!

Although not a fan, the Twilight movies have given the world some very good music. To do this day I have no idea why Thom Yorke, Vampire Weekend, The Dead Weather & Bon Iver chose to contribute to this project, but I really don't care. The best track from the most recent release is easily The Black Key's "Chop and Change".

The Akron, Ohio duo have found a way to make the bluesy grit and stomp sound refreshingly new. Avid fans of hip-hop as well, even putting out a collaboration record under the name, Blakroc. They really now how to keep a hook tight and where to still find room for some honesty and emotion. I wish I knew who was singing in the background because it absolutely makes the song. I shiver every time I hear "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon".

They will be hitting the stage Friday at 6 on the Budweiser stage. Even better would be catching them at the SOLD OUT after show, Saturday night at the Metro. I've seen these guys twice already and could not begin to explain how great they sound...
The Black Keys - Chop And Change by theearlynerd

No comments:

Post a Comment